Head of Risk – BGAIM Job Vacancy | Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Head of Risk
Dubai + Hybrid Working
Full time – 40hrs per week
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, around the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling, or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Dublin (Europe), Miami (USA), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), Egypt and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
This Head of Risk role aims to provide leadership and direction to the allocated portfolio of risk. They will ensure full understanding of the risk requirements within which the portfolio operates, and will be aware and aligned to forthcoming changes to the requirements as they arrive, giving due consideration to the impact to the customers and strategic goals of the business.
You will provide oversight to the Head of Risk, Insurance, and Director of Enterprise Risk on whether all areas of risk, according to the Bupa Group risk categorisation model, are being effectively identified, quantified and mitigated according to risk appetite.
What you’ll do:
- Assist and support BGME in implementation of the Group Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Assist in applying the BG Risk Management Framework ensuring the Framework is fit for purpose to the regional set-up.
- Define, monitor and report risk appetite for BGME (in the context of the BG and Market Unit risk appetite) and its application across BGME that specifically addresses the existing risk profile, risk capacity and risk tolerance in pursuing growth and desired return in line with the agreed business strategy.
- Adopt and embed a detailed Operational Risk Management Framework across BGME, including the definition and measurement of predictive key risk indicators, operational risk modelling, scenario analysis, risk and control self-assessments and the oversight of incident management for the region
- Oversee the ongoing operation of and adherence to the RMF (including risk policies) and make a periodic assessment of the effectiveness of risk management within the BGME region
- Understand, embed, and oversee the ongoing risk management of the BGME region through our partners (e.g. reinsurance partners).
- Partner with the 1st line functional areas to develop a risk profile for the BGME region, including assisting the Executive Team to develop functional risk registers
- Assist BGME in implementing the Bupa Global Business Unit risk strategy and framework in the region ensuring that a co-ordinated and consistent approach to risk management activity is undertaken across the region, using a risk-based approach. Taking into account regulatory, financial crime and information governance requirements.
- Provide assurance and oversight on the key risks
- Working in partnership with the local Executive Team (ET) to ensure all business activity, current and future manages risks to the delivery of the business objectives.
What you’ll bring:
- Educated to degree level and have specialised in a risk career subsequently.
- Additional professional qualifications may include the membership of the Institute of Risk Management (UK) or equivalent international risk professional associations
- Direct experience of leading the development and embedding of risk management frameworks across major complex organisations.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills with proven ability to engage and drive high team performance
- Objective, analytical and lateral thinking with a ‘can-do’ attitude with the ability to summarise and communicate complicated technical issues.
- Financially numerate with strong business and communications skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of best practice across the different risk assurance functions with demonstrable success of operating at a mid to senior level ideally in the insurance industry across a number of geographies.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in
To apply for this job please visit bupa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.