Website Holiday Inn
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
General Cashier / Payroll Accountant at Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
Job number: EMEAA33390
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So, if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Holiday Inn is the first of its brand in Abu Dhabi featuring 203 modern and stylish rooms, wide variety of food & beverage outlets – Indulge in a variety of international flavors at the Silk Route Café. For a lively night out, hit the Thirty 1st Bar & Lounge with amazing views of the Abu Dhabi skyline or visit Hubbly Bubbly, our shisha café for a traditional Arabic experience under the stars. For Sushi lovers, SushiSan offers the sushi as it should be. Stock Burger Co. is a new casual dining concept defined by a perfect and always appealing pairing premium burgers and craft brew and all in addition to meeting rooms and banqueting facilities.
The hotel is a kilometer away from Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC), very close to the diplomatic enclave. The hotel’s fitness facilities are located at the top floor and offer great views of the city. Besides a well-equipped fitness room, Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers a pool and three massage rooms.
Your day to day
- Daily banking involving the collection of banking envelopes from safe, and the opening, counting and balancing as a whole.
- Process petty cash as required and reconcile weekly.
- Liaise with Department heads about cashiering problems.
- Monitor hotel exchange rates and adjust as necessary in accordance with Finance Policy.
- Issue and return house bank contracts as required and prepare house bank accounts summary on a monthly basis
- Implement general payroll policies and procedures and monitor adherence to guidelines. Monitor and analyze payroll cost, payroll standards, and budgeted standards as needed.
- Prepare and transmit payroll entries within established timeframes. Audit and post entries into payroll system, including gratuities. Ensure that correct payments are made, and that payroll is processed and executed according to rules and regulations.
- May perform additional accounting-related duties such as processing retrieval and chargebacks from credit card companies, assisting in posting payroll charges to the general ledger, troubleshooting payroll system issues, working with accounting staff on payroll bank accounts and cash levels, preparing hotel payables for payroll-related expenses, etc.
- Prepare reports for hotel management, including headcount and production reports, overtime reports, costing reports, etc. as needed or requested.
- Perform other payroll-related duties as needed, such as returning unclaimed paychecks, preparing human resources or accounting documentation or reports on payroll-related statistics, ensuring checks are distributed in a secure and timely manner, etc.
- Maintain orderly filing systems for all payroll supportive documentation and payroll reports. Maintain confidentiality of payroll information regarding past and present employees, and adequately safeguard payroll files.
- May assist with other duties as needed.
What we need from you
Ideally, you will have 2 years of experience in a similar role in a 4 stars or 5 stars hotel. You need to be people oriented and highly passionate about your job with a great level of confidence. Good English communication skills are essential. The right candidate portrays a professional image at all times and posses strong multi tasking and admin skills.
What we offer
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
So, go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit emea3.recruitmentplatform.com.