THE WB™ Abu Dhabi, Curio Collection By Hilton™
Engineering Supervisor Job Vacancy | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
THE WB™ Abu Dhabi, Curio Collection by Hilton™
The WB Abu Dhabi, Curio Collection by Hilton, is the world’s first Warner Bros. branded hotel. Guests will be able to experience recognizable characters from across Warner Bros.’ iconic collection of film, television and comics. This unique hotel is adjacent to the award-winning Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi theme park. The hotel will feature 257 rooms over eight levels, with guests able to access a range of amenities, including signature WB restaurants, a premier spa and fitness club, kids club, family pool and an exclusive rooftop pool overlooking Yas Island’s distinctive skyline.
DoubleTree by Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Island Residences
DoubleTree by Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Island Residences provides a variety of options that accommodate different needs, especially larger families looking for more space and in-room amenities. A total of 156 units offer guests a range of studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom accommodation. Full amenities will include in-room kitchenettes, gym, pool and a variety of recreation facilities. The property is within walking distance from Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi and Yas Waterworld and in close proximity to Yas Island’s other attractions and experiences, including Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, CLYMB Abu Dhabi and numerous world-class F&B outlets on the Island.
A Technical Supervisor is responsible for supervising the assigned maintenance tasks and ensuring correct procedures and safety precautions are followed to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience while maintaining company standards.
What will I be doing?
As a Technical Supervisor, you are responsible for managing assigned maintenance tasks and ensuring correct procedures and safety precautions are followed to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience. A Technical Supervisor will also be required to perform inspections to ensure work meets standards. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise all day-to-day general maintenance work within the hotel rooms, public areas, and back-of-house areas
- Coordinate electrical and plumbing schedules including water testing
- Review and maintain daily check lists and operation work sheets
- Ensure correct procedures and safety precautions are followed
- Manage projects as assigned
- Ensure employees are assigned to the appropriate jobs and have the appropriate equipment to manage the job
- Maintain the quality of work and check for inconsistencies
- Ensure inspection of work meets or exceeds company standards
- Ensure good relationships with internal and external customers
- Manage on-site contractors and any outside maintenance done by contractors
- Ensure the Engineering Team works well together on any projects or schedules
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities assigned
What are we looking for?
A Technical Supervisor serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous maintenance experience, preferably in a hotel or a similar varied work environment such as ships, hospitals or retail businesses
- Knowledge and experience of the role
- A certificate in a specialized field such as Electrical, Mechanical, Refrigeration, Carpentry, or Plumbing, required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with computers and relevant computer programs, including Microsoft programs
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Qualification in relevant field
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous supervisory experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job ID: HOT0977L
To apply for this job please visit hilton.taleo.net.