AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for generations to come.
Requisition/Vacancy No. 267581BR
Engineer – Structures – UBora Tower, United Arab Emirates
AECOM are currently looking for experienced Structural Engineer to join the growing AECOM team supporting the supervision of Construction projects in UAE. Candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Site experience in basic design requirements, estimation, installation and all site activities related to all Structural works for construction of large-scale building projects.
- Familiar with all the Structural Engineering methodologies as well as the corresponding equipment, materials, consumables, tools and manpower allocations related to Structural works for building projects.
- Well versed in interpreting and executing Structural related drawings.
- Have the knowledge of the related authorities requirements
- High-Rise Residential and Commercial buildings experience required with strong background in start-up, execution and handover of major projects
- Good team player with high energy levels. Able to supervise a team of inspectors efficiently and competently
The incumbent performs a broad cross-section of complex technical and administrative activities requiring extensive experience and specialization in Contract Compliance, Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) inspection of structural scope related to the project
- Analyses applicable codes, standards and project contract documents and monitors construction activities to ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Interprets or clarifies contract documents for Contractors.
- Maintains and prepares a variety of records, including daily/weekly progress reports, material accounting records, change orders and record drawings.
- Provide assistance to the Project Engineer/Site Engineer.
- Responsible for supervising, directing and coordinating the inspection team.
- Conduct weekly meetings with inspectors and Project Engineer.
- Ensuring that responses are complete and in compliance with the contract documents. Where problems are found, work with Project Engineer to resolve.
- Audit inspections for conformity to contract documents and contractor submitted plans.
- Assist the Senior Discipline engineer to identify, respond to or evaluate technical issues to maintain the schedule.
- Highlights any violations to construction/ engineering related issues on site through issuance of NCRs
- Attends progress review meetings and co-ordination meetings to assist the Project Lead/Senior Engineer in resolving any site issues such as discrepancies in project’s draings.
- Participates in the coordination and monitoring of snagging and project handover Provide support to Resident Engineer/Team lead to ensure projects run smoothly by providing expert knowledge and advice.
- Liaises with the Design Engineer on modifications if required.
- Gives daily site reports and highlights issues that arise on site to the Project Lead.
- Contributes in the preparation of all kinds of reports and as directed by the project lead.
- Monitor Health and Safety of the construction works and report on the same. If required stop the construction works if unsafe practices are being followed.
- Minimum 12 years demonstrable experience in the design and all aspects of supervision and project administration of the structural works related to large-scale projects within Middle East/ UAE in the consulting industry
- Education Bachelor Degree in structural or equivalent Plus an advanced post Graduate Degree and membership of a recognized institution would be preferred or Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Additional Locations AE – Al Ain, UAE – Liwa Centre Building – Site, AE – Dubai, UAE – UBora Tower – Site
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.aecom.com.