Website Air Products
Air Products provide essential industrial gases, related equipment and applications expertise to customers in dozens of industries
EH&S Supervisor job vacancy in KSA-NEOM-Duba
Job Description and Qualifications
This is a Contract position, based at the NEOM Green Hydrogen Elements (GHE) Project Site location, working a rotational assignment. The project is being executed by the AIR PRODUCTS NEOM Green Hydrogen Project (NGHP) – Green Hydrogen Elements (GHE) Project execution team and is expected to last approximately 48 months.
The incumbent is responsible for working in a specific area of the site to ensure the EH&S requirements implemented by the Contractor Organization(s) meet the intent of the project and AIR PRODUCTS EH&S systems. It is AIR PRODUCTS’ objective to achieve highest standards and performance levels during the execution of all project related activities. The incumbent will work closely with the Area Construction team and report to the EH&S Area Lead.
The incumbent is expected to have detailed knowledge of EH&S requirements and best practices related to construction and pre-commissioning safety and extensive work experience in this area.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Description: Green Hydrogen Element of NEOM Green Hydrogen Project is a processing facility that will extract hydrogen from water with the use of wind and solar energy and ultimately produce green ammonia.
- Project Location: NEOM Green Hydrogen, Northwest of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, near Duba town.
- Client: Neom Green Hydrogen Company (NGHC), a joint venture of AIR PRODUCTS, ACWA and NEOM
- Project Size Range: $3.25 Billion
- Project Duration: Approx. 48 months (start in 3/2022)
- Number of individuals working on site: at peak 6.000 to 7.000
- Site of GHE EH&S Team: Approx. 30
This position is accountable for the following end results:
- Support the full implementation of the project EH&S Plan
- Actively promote the development of a ‘Total Safety Culture’ and provide support during the implementation of all related (leadership) activities
- Act as a coach, both for EH&S team members and for Contractors
- Support the Contractors’ “Approval to Mobilize” process and HAZIDs in accountable area
- Support the implementation of the GHE EH&S Plan
- Support the implementation of the Project Emergency Response Plan
- Ensure EH&S Risks have been assessed and risk mitigation measures are in place
- Assist project team in identifying project safety concerns
- Coordinate a program of inspections and audits in accountable area
- Ensure safety equipment is regularly inspected, fully operational and color coded
- Support the implementation of the Permit to Work process
- Monitor adherence to the LOTO work process, specifically that the LOTO is adequate and installed correctly
- Ensure all permits are adequately completed and fully implemented at site.
- Ensuring Contractors safety programs and safe work practices are reviewed, and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring EH&S information/expertise is provided to the site team when solicited to ensure compliance to Air Products standards and local laws
- Coordinate safety training as required for the Contractor organizations
- Actively participating in and leading safety promotion events, campaigns, competitions, established programs
- Providing leadership to ensure prompt prioritization and coordination of all unforeseen issues at the site, escalating to the Air Products EH&S Lead or Manager as required
- Review JSA’s developed by the Contractor to ensure all risks are mitigated
- Attend Contractor TBT’s and Pre-Task Safety Talks and provide input where applicable
- Perform regular safety dialogues and formal PTW/JSA reviews
- Give input to ensure the accurate completion of the EH&S reports
- Ensure all incidents are reported immediately to the Area Construction Manager and EH&S Area Lead
- Act as a member of the Site Emergency Response Team as required
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Engineering / Science degree
- NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent is a mandatory requirement
- Safety certificates in OSHA, IOSH or similar
- 8 years’ experience on international mega-projects
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Familiar with all aspects of Construction Safety and possessing specialist knowledge in one or two areas of Construction Safety (e.g., excavations, scaffolding, lifting, etc.)
- Being a good team player, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physically fit and able to spend a large proportion of the day on site
- Ability to work in a multifaceted / multinational organizational matrix with a variety of working relationships
- Willingness to travel and be based in remote location
- Knowledge and experience of industrial gas projects, especially in KSA
- Knowledge and experience of EPC management
Possess driving license
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.