Qatar Duty Free Company
Driver / Porter Job vacancy | Doha, Qatar
About the Job:
The duties and responsibilities of the Diver / Porter are to transport and deliver stock to and from various QDF F&B locations. When required they need to assist the Storekeeper in unloading goods from containers, arranging the stock in all F&B outlets and store room area. Driver/Porter will be responsible for securing and transporting daily food and non-food requirements from various outlets inside Hamad International Airport and ensuring that all duties are carried out as per HACCP procedures. This will include the responsibility for driving the F&B club car for daily operational requirements.
- Responsible to collect food and non-food products from various outlets and transporting them, ensuring all food handling protocols and temperature are maintained are as per policy; sometimes at short notice.
- Cross check the order for the quality, quantity, production and expiry dates before accepting them.
- Attend to additional and emergency orders which are to be collected from different locations inside the airport.
- Assist the Barista/ Team leader at all times and carry out store duties, assist Supervisor in all aspects of the store’s operations.
- Ensure all HACCP and standards are adhered to at all times.
- Must be able to prioritize the pick-up timings and multi-task the product pick-up from various outlets.
- Adhere at all time to HIA Club Car driving rules and policies, ensuring passenger safety at all times. Follow the procedure for operating club car, maintaining cleanliness of club car as per the standard.
- Be presentable and in uniform at all times with a good level of hygiene and grooming.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
- Complete closing side-work duties.
- Perform advanced cleaning tasks as needed or directed by Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Ensure safe and timely delivery of stocks from store to outlet and vice versa.
- Operate controls for loading and unloading stocks.
- Professional representation of the company through responsible driving and appearance.
- In the rare instance, must submit written incident report on accidents involving driver or company vehicle.
- Must ensure that all incidents are reported to Supervisors in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Keep the storerooms well stocked and organized all times
- Adhere to all health, safety and security awareness and policies at all times
- Follow all QDF, QR and HIA policy, work instruction SOPS and rules at all times
- Ensure vehicle inspection check list are adhered to during shift handover at all times.
- Transport with MOI / Customs inspection all goods and material to be moved from Airside to Landside and MOI gates to make timely delivery to landside operations.
- Ensure vehicles are clean and taken it for schedule maintenance to ensure safety of vehicle and driver.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge.
Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
A successful candidate should possess
- Basic Literacy and Numeracy skills, English communication skills with Entry level roles – no prior job-related work experience
- Experience in working in Hotel or Restaurant Chains preferred
- Working knowledge of good hygiene practice and Food Safety
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety Practice
- Having driving license
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So, whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination.
Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
Closing Date: 21-12-2022
To apply for this job please visit careers.qatarairways.com.