Director of Oncology Clinical Trails & Research | Abu Dhabi, AE
This position collaborates with the leaders in the Oncology Institute and caregivers in the Research Department to provide oversight for clinical trials research within the oncology program at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi (CCAD). The individual will provide administrative and strategic direction, oversight and planning for the conduct and performance of clinical trials. This leader ensures the conduct of high-quality, fiscally responsible clinical trials that align with oncology program priorities. In addition, this is a physician position and is responsible for applying medical knowledge and skills to the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of illnesses for patients within the Oncology Institute – Oncology and Hematology specialty at CCAD. This position treats patients directly and/or may make referrals to different members of the health care professional team at CCAD.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees, develops, monitors, directs, and advances clinical trial initiatives and research necessary to achieve CCAD’s oncology program’s goals and priorities.
- Accountable for developing strategy for and managing or leading appropriate committees and councils within his/her area(s) of research responsibility
- Works closely to cultivate, support, and enhance collaborative relationships with clinical investigators and industry and government sponsors, and to oversee individual protocol review, selection and performance.
- Establishes effective, efficient, high quality and valued research activities through quantifiable and standard metrics and develops mechanisms to drive measurable performance improvement.
- Directs, promotes and supports high integrity, safe, compliant and cost-effective clinical trials operations.
- Develops and enhances capabilities, reputation, visibility, of research at CCAD’s oncology program.
- Monitors and provides care to patients at CCAD within the Oncology Institute – Oncology and Hematology specialty
- Prescribes or administers medication, therapy and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury
- Analyzes records, reports and test results to diagnose patient’s medical condition
- Interacts with patient to gather additional history and information about medical condition
- Explains procedures and discusses test results or prescribed treatments with patient
- Provides specific treatments and/or performs operations to treat patient medical conditions
- Evaluates patient and records applicable notes about patient’s condition for purposes of serving as a record of treatment and/or making a possible referral to another member of the health care medical staff team
- Liaisons with other medical and non-medical staff at CCAD to ensure quality patient treatment
- Performs surgical procedures and operations as appropriate
- Supplies and provides care in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner
- Follows ethical and regulatory guidelines
- Takes part in administrative functions that ensure the continued operations of the clinical environment, such as committees, task forces and performance improvement measures
- Adheres to individual approved clinical privileges, as well as to all policies and procedures of the Medical Staff
- Must have 5+ years of progressive oncology & hematology clinical trials experience. Preferably has experience leading clinical trials & research at a reputable academic medical center cancer facility
- For Physicians from Tier 1 countries, not less than two (2) years additional experience post qualification
- For Physicians from Tier 2 countries, not less than five (5) years additional experience post qualification
- Must hold a valid License/ Registration to practice in their home country and/or country of last employment (where applicable)
- Should meet the Maintenance of Certification requirements (where applicable)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a team of health care professionals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and staff
- Ability to speak and write in English is required
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Arabic is preferred
MD, MBBS, MBChB or DO (only if the specialization is obtained from one of the following: American Board of Medical Specialties or Certificates of Specializations of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada) or equivalent qualification from an accredited Institution and completion of specialty qualification as per the Recognized Specialty Certificate table listed in Healthcare Professionals Qualification Requirements 2022
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is located on Al Maryah Island, the heart of Abu Dhabi’s new central business district. It shares the island with a hotel, stock exchange, and office buildings. Access to the island is by multiple bridges to the mainland. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is a unique and unparalleled extension of the Cleveland Clinic model of care, providing a spectrum of specialty services that are designed to cater to the healthcare needs of Abu Dhabi and the region. One of the objectives of Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is to address the needs of patients currently traveling abroad for treatment. Like its counterpart in the United States, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is a physician-led medical facility, served by Western-trained, North American board-certified (or equivalent) physicians. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi offers the most advanced tertiary medical services in the region through a comprehensive range of specialties and subspecialties. Local and international patients are cared for in an environment that combines excellent amenities and service standards with the highest quality patient care and superior clinical outcomes. The hospital is designed to offer state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment capabilities, and to utilize advanced technologies in surgery, imaging, telemedicine, and electronic medical records.
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi is one of a number of initiatives led by Mubadala Healthcare.
Estimated Service Area
This strategically located multi-specialty tertiary care facility with adjacent clinic houses five clinic floors, three diagnostic and treatment levels, and thirteen floors of critical and acute inpatient units totaling 364 beds (expandable to 490). Additional space has been incorporated for operational and support departments, retailers, a conference center, and a high-fidelity clinical simulation center. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi hosts the latest technologies in surgery, imaging, telemedicine, and electronic medical records, integrating systems in a manner that is first of its kind in the country and the Middle East healthcare region. State-of-the-art imaging equipment like CTs, MRIs, and procedural suites, along with technologically advanced and modern patient rooms, serve local and international patients in an environment that combines excellent amenities with world-class medical care.
Number of Beds
364 beds (expandable to 490)
Any application submitted without a CV will not be considered.
Please be advised that all information entered in your application will only be shared with Cleveland Clinic and will not be distributed to third parties.
Salaries [which may be] shown on independent job search websites reflect various market averages and do not represent information obtained directly from The Cleveland Clinic. Because we value each individual candidate, we invite and encourage each candidate to discuss salary/hourly specifics during the application and hiring process.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.practicematch.com.