Designer – Structural Job Vacancy | UAE – Abu Dhabi
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Jobholders at this level lead teams involved with the development of discipline-specific engineering drawings. For small projects they will be designated as Designers, with sole responsibility for design work, whilst on larger projects they will assume responsibilities as Team Leaders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervises and participates in discipline-specific Drafting activities carried out by Level 1 and 2 staff, ensuring that work assignments are completed on time with in the allotted man-hours and to set standards.
• Ensures all engineering input is as per the project specifications, guidelines, standards, company procedures etc.
• Studies and understands the scope of work and specifications of assigned project.
• Allocates the drafting work to his team members.
• Acts as the ultimate checker for all drawings produced by Draftsmen to ensure compliance with the design brief, consistency and quality of work.
• Ensures the compliance with the IDC procedures for the project.
• Ensures that drafting records such as master files, check prints etc. are properly maintained.
• Checks all MTOs, Bill of Materials, sketches etc. required for material procurement for the entire project, ensuring accuracy.
• Provides input for the resolution of engineering queries from clients or third parties.
• Undertakes interdisciplinary co-ordination to ensure integration of project Drafting activities.
• Works in close conjunction with discipline engineer to ensure speedy resolution of any problems that might arise and that the project schedule is adhered to.
• Resolves Yard queries, within level of capability, that might arise during construction phase to ensure work being carried conforms with drawings.
Skills Required :
Technical Diploma in Engineering, or equivalent.
• 10 years Design experience, with at least 4 years offshore drawings experience at Level 2
• Supervisory experience and team-leader qualities.
• Good interdisciplinary knowledge.
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Experienced and competent Computer Aided Design (CAD) operator (AutoCAD latest release). StruCAD / X-Steel / PDS experience is essential.
• Rigorous checker.
|Job Ref No.
|| Years of Experience
|| Job Location
||UAE – Abu Dhabi
|| Employment Type
|| Candidate Gender