We power the industry that powers the world
As a Design Engineer, you will utilize your technical knowledge and professional experience to contribute to the delivery of industrial solutions, currently top/side entry agitators and static mixers, to improve our existing product ranges and support our customers’ needs. Acting under the guidance of the Engineering Manager and Senior Design Engineers, the role requires technical solutions and detail designing from full assemblies to individual components. An appreciation of the commercial implications of engineering decision making, attention to detail, ability to work effectively with other team members, a keen focus on delivery and the ability to turn fast paced, client-driven requirements into profitable solutions are all critical to success in this role. You will be required to provide deliverables for the purpose of evaluating design alternatives, cost estimation and establishing manufacturing routes whilst acting as a focal point for Mechanical technical matters on specific projects. You should be keen to take on fresh challenges, develop your technical and interpersonal skills as well as expand your knowledge and experience through a variety of exciting projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop customized, forward-looking customer-centric solutions
- Reduce cost of product and increased production throughput through new design simplification and existing product redesign
- Perform data analysis and present modification & upgrade programs through quick and accurate engineering analysis (FEA, hand calculations etc.)
- Produce Mechanical engineering documentation deliverables
- Ensure all deliverables are verified and validated in accordance with all relevant Company policies and regulatory requirements
- Participate in internal design review meetings being aware of commercial implications
- Ensure that internal checking and approvals procedures are adhered to
- Ensure correct and thorough maintenance of project documentation
- Ensure Company Engineering Change Procedures are adhered to
- Contribute to the investigation, resolution and documentation of Engineering Queries in a timely and technically acceptable fashion.
- Tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering design, minimum HNC (Essential)
- BEng Mechanical (Desirable)
- Min 3+ years of experience in a design/drawing office role within a manufacturing business (Essential)
- Production of manufacturing BOM and detail drawings, including working knowledge limits & fit, geometrical tolerancing, surface texture and weld representation (Essential)
- Working knowledge of rotating equipment, including mechanical seals, bearings, shaft design (Desirable)
- Design of top entry and/or side entry agitators (Desirable)
Skills, training or special knowledge
- 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred), MS Office suite, engineering BOM production (Essential)
- TeamCenter PLM, FEA, CFD (Desirable)
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.
About the Team
Through NOV Completion & Production Solutions, we serve well intervention service providers and oil and gas producers, and we pursue opportunities around hydraulic fracture stimulation, wellbore intervention equipment, composite tubulars, pumps, floating production systems, and subsea production technologies. Our integrated approach delivers greater certainty, reliability, and peace of mind.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.