bp is a global company that offers a world of opportunities for both professionals and graduates.
Commercial and Finance Manager, Japan – Offshore Wind – Japan
The Finance and Commercial Manager is responsible for financial management for the project/project company and act as a member of the executive project team. This role will drive optimal outcomes from a commercial and economic perspective, whilst ensuring control and compliance standards are continuously maintained.
This is a critical role that will be reporting to the project commercial manager with the expectation that the individual can progress to become Chief Financial Officer of a wind project from the construction phase. This individual will support the development of the commercial strategy of the Japanese offshore wind projects on behalf of its shareholders as well as develop and oversee the finance function.
- Support assessment of key commercial topics including offtake and bidding strategies
- Support commercial negotiations related to the strategy including relating to offtake, grid, land, financing et al
- Coordinate the updates of the business case and economic model (including inter alia power price and offtake, financing, and cost assumptions)
- Support Commercial manager in running all finance processes
- Support the establishment of JV set up and processes (tax, financing, budget)
- Support the preparation for project financing activity including liaison with shareholder treasury functions
- coordinate different Governance approvals for the JV
- coordinate with outsourced finance service providers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, technical discipline or any other equivalent degree;
- MBA is preferred
- CFA or equivalent designation are a plus
- 10+ years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with and understanding of drivers of renewable energy and power industry
- Deep commercial acumen demonstrated in prior roles and can translate commercial arrangements into financial models. Experienced at using commercial analysis to support the development of innovative commercial solutions in complex value chains and can assess business and financial risks.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to lead complex commercial negotiations
- Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery
- Leadership potential to grow into CFO role over a few years
To apply for this job please visit careers.bpglobal.com.