Sofitel Cairo Nile El Gezirah
CCTV Officer Job Vacancy Sofitel Cairo Nile El Gezirah | Cairo, Egypt
- operating and monitoring surveillance equipment.
- watching both live and recorded video surveillance footage.
- reporting incidents or suspicious behavior.
- Recording all events, incidents and actions taken.
- Maintaining the confidentiality on security matters/ official information.
- Ensure CCTV equipment are always in good working conditions.
What is the job description of a CCTV Operator? What are the duties and responsibilities of a CCTV Operator? What does a CCTV Operator do?
Job description of a CCTV Operator
CCTV Operators are mainly responsible for operating and maintaining surveillance equipment, watching both live and recorded video surveillance footage, reporting incidents or suspicious behavior and contacting the authorities when necessary.
CCTV Operators can be employed at shopping malls, schools, housing complexes, gated communities, hospitals, airports and many other types of establishments.
This CCTV Operator job description example includes the list of most important CCTV Operator duties and responsibilities as shown below. It can be modified to fit the specific CCTV Operator profile you’re trying to fill as a recruiter or job seeker.
CCTV Operator Duties and Responsibilities
CCTV Operator job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Operating and monitoring all surveillance security systems/cameras within the Control Centre in an efficient manner and in compliance with the operating procedures, legislation and best practice.
- Recording all events, incidents and actions taken in a clear, legible and accurate written format.
- To maintain a secure system for providing data in accordance with the regulations and also to ensure the security of the control room and equipment is maintained at all times and to report equipment failure to the Chief Security Officer or Management.
- Providing efficient and courteous radio and telephone answering service and deal efficiently with all enquiries.
- Liaising with the security agencies and members of staff to ensure the appropriate use of the CCTV system and to include all evidential records and witness statements to a standard acceptable to the rules of evidence.
CCTV Operator Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
CCTV Operator job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- OND / HND / B.Sc is an advantage.
- x years experience in the same/similar role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Private / commercial security experience / background is an advantage.
- Ability to identify small, apparently unnoticeable details that most people would ordinarily overlook.
- Ability to work independently and to multitask
- CCTV certification and computer experience needed.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal CCTV Operator starts with crafting a good job description. Use this CCTV Operator job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs.
Job seekers interviewing for the role of a CCTV Operator may also reference it in preparation for the interview.
To apply for this job please visit careers.accor.com.