Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Bodyshop Supervisor Job Vacancy | FAMCO | Truck Division | Dubai, AE
Job Requisition ID: 142643
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
We are currently looking for experienced Bodyshop Supervisor to work our Truck Division with Famco in Dubai. You will be responsible for ensuring optimum utilization of the available Bodyshop labour and resources to achieve set operational efficiency targets. You will ensure the team carries out vehicle body repair/accident repair activities in accordance to established quality, safety and efficiency guidelines and within set time frames.
What you will do
- Prepares the team for the upcoming job and allocates job cards to them to align the jobs to the skills set and efficiency level and maximize through put in timely manner
- Reviews pre-order forms (Parts proforma) to confirm parts requirements are well matched with the issue on hand and guaranteed to fix the problem
- Ensures quality checks are done on finished jobs by the technicians
- Monitors warranty jobs pertaining to Bodyshop, to ensure the team follows the set warranty guidelines. This includes reviewing job cards and other documentation to justify warranty claims and facilitate smooth processing
- Reviews Bodyshop figures, such as hours sold, hours worked versus idle hours to monitor progress of operational targets. This includes preparing reports for management discussions
- Monitors communication with customers through Service Advisors
- Monitors and improves the competency of team members. Accountable for the functioning and repairs of tools / equipment being used in the workshop
Required skills to be successful
- 5-7 years hands on experience in bodyshop repair of trucks and busses
- Sound technical knowledge in commercial vehicle accident repair
- Ability to manage a team of 10
- Good business development and negotiation skills
About the team
The role will report to the Workshop Manager and you will be working in a busy workshop environment wherein you will be dealing directly with Service Advisor, Controller, Foreman & Technicians in a daily basis.
What equips you for the role
- Diploma or equivalent in Mechanical / Automotive or related field
- Certified Automotive Technician
- Minimum 7 years hands on experience in Bodyshop repair and operations in a reputed automotive dealership, out of which 2 years are in a supervisory capacity
- Good communicator in English; Arabic an added advantage
- In depth knowledge of chassis alignment & wheel alignment
- Valid UAE LMV driver’s license will be an advantage
- Ability to think analytically
- Planning and organizing
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers – right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.