Website Hotel Indigo
At IHG® Hotels & Resorts, our family of brands offers you a world of choices
Bar Captain – Hotel Indigo Dubai Downtown – United Arab Emirates
Job number: EMEAA29920
At Hotel Indigo® hotels, we’re excited to meet spirited characters who can delight the most curious guests. The hotel boasts 269 tastefully decorated rooms, each thoughtfully designed to reflect the hotels neighbourhood story, the story of Dubai creek. Other facilities that our guests can expect include an infinity pool deck, fully equipped fitness centre and our neighbourhood café and bar, both offering seamless service and array of experiences reflecting this expressive neighbourhood.
Off the Wall is a slick cocktail bar inspired by the culture clash nearby Satwa. The flavour of the day here is gritty and urban, with riffs on traditional flavours alongside works by local artists.
Featuring an installation by local artist Max Cramatte – celebrating the quirks and colours of local signage – alongside graffiti art from Paul Bruwer and Syrian artist Baseem Rayyes, its an industrial affair inside, with riffs on expressive local flavours smacked home through house-infused spirits, quality crafting and just the right touch of flair.
Off the Wall is the place to be for a food & beverage professional who wants a thriving career in the industry.
Your day to day
You are responsible for providing professional and customer focused service to our guests, ensuring all our guests have the most memorable experiences.
as a Bar captain, your daily tasks and responsibilities include that you…
- Ensure the highest standards of hospitality is demonstrated at all times by greeting guests and serving them in a professional and personalized way.
- Acquire in depth knowledge of the food & beverage menus of the assigned outlet in order to assist and provide advice and recommendations when required to guests.
- Practise great guest relations and attend to guest complaints / queries promptly.
- Establish and maintain effective colleague working relationships
- Ensure that you and your team have received adequate training to perform your duties.
- Ensure you keep your outlet ready before every meal service with the adequate mise en place and mise en scene.
- Monitor the quality of all food & beverage that is served to guests.
- Take responsibility for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness in the bar.
- Ensure the bar is set-up in time for service and supervise for a smooth operation.
- Ensure proper organization, planning and control of supplies and maintain concise records of all beverage stock in order to ensure that the required par is available.
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly checks of beverage inventory.
- Ensure of minimum wastage and spoilage of ingredients used in the bar.
- Ensure minimum breakage of glass wear.
- Actively upsell to guests to increase revenue.
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
What we need from you
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we’re looking for:
- We expect all our colleagues to be vibrant, curious and original.
- Maintain a professional demeanour at all times.
- Great communication skills (English language is a must)
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm attitude at all times.
- Be accommodating of different nationalities, religions, backgrounds and beliefs.
- Provide support to your colleagues.
- The ability to work collaboratively.
- Attention to detail and consistency.
- Display empathy to guests and colleagues.
What we offer
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organization, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefit package.
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow. So, whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
To apply for this job please visit emea3.recruitmentplatform.com.