Website Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie is an international law firm
Associate – Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions | Dubai, UAE
NOTE: The final job location of this role (Abu Dhabi or Dubai) will be determined at a later date.
Our Mergers & Acquisitions team is currently seeking an ambitious, energetic and talented corporate Mid-level Associate, with at least 3 to 6 years PQE. This role will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Advising on large scale, complex, cross-border M&A, venture capital, private equity, and/or investment funds transactions.
- Working closely with SWFs, national and multinational corporations and regional and global funds and family offices.
- Drafting and negotiating key transaction documents, working with members of the team to manage due diligence, disclosure exercises and closings. Taking responsibility for providing high level of client service.
- Advising on key transaction documents including term sheets, offer letters, subscription agreements, share sale and purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements and ancillary documentation.
- Developing relationships with clients including gaining knowledge of the client’s businesses, economic drivers, market and sector requirements in order to ensure advice is relevant and commercial.
- Working as part of a team including assisting with the supervision of junior lawyers and paralegals, and taking an active part in sharing knowledge and experience with the team
- Associates are given regular and direct contact with clients.
- If of interest, opportunities for secondments with clients are available. Posting to other offices under the firm’s associate transfer programme is also a possibility.
Our UAE offices offer clients one of the strongest corporate, M&A, private equity, venture capital, investment funds and commercial practices in the UAE. Our team in the UAE works closely with global clients including major tech companies and multinationals, the region’s leading sovereign wealth funds, private equity and venture capital funds and family offices. With offices across the region including in Saudi Arabia (‘Tier 1’ for Commercial, Corporate and M&A), Egypt (‘Tier 1’ for Commercial, Corporate and M&A), Bahrain (‘Tier 1’ for Commercial, Corporate and M&A), Turkey (‘Tier 1’ for Commercial, Corporate and M&A) the UAE team is fully integrated and offers clients unrivalled coverage for their most sensitive transactions. We are known for our deep knowledge of not just the UAE legal environment but the regional deal landscape and for being able to offer fully integrated advice across the region and globally.
Clients include private equity funds, publically listed companies, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions and major national and multinational corporations. Our practice is broad, and much of what we do is cross-border.
As the Practice is fast growing, the prospects of career promotion are promising for the selected candidate. The emphasis is on developing well rounded, technically astute, commercially aware, relationship-focused lawyers, who are interested in a long-term career in a global law firm.
Key Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
- A qualified lawyer with excellent academic credentials.
- Experience and training with a leading international firm.
- First rate technical skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (fluency in reading, writing, speaking).
- Significant experience on M&A, private equity, venture capital and/or investment funds matters.
- Arabic language is an added value.
- Strong client service orientation – a “client first” mentality.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients.
- Maturity, gravitas and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually.
- A keenness to learn.
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of backgrounds found in the firm and amongst our client base.
- Qualified candidates will have the ability to function smoothly in a global team environment with culturally diverse team members.
Why join us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this – how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In the Gulf region Baker McKenzie has been active for more than three decades and our practice now boasts over 100 lawyers based in our seven offices in the Middle East – Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Cairo, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, and Riyadh. As a pioneering firm, we were most notably the first to enter both the Saudi and Egyptian markets.
The firm has built established and substantial presence in the Middle East & Africa region, with all offices working in close collaboration to service clients’ needs on a range of matters, including banking and finance, project finance, Islamic finance, corporate/M&A and dispute resolution. We work closely with key local players — including governmental and regulatory entities, financial institutions, family-owned conglomerates and corporates across all industry sectors — as well with global investors and corporations establishing and consolidating their presence in the region.
Have a look at our YouTube channel to find out more about us!
At Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, we welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply button on this advertisement to complete the application form.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact, in confidence, our Recruitment Manager on +971 4 423 0000.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie’s vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Habib Al Mulla & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.
To apply for this job please visit fsr.cvmailuk.com.