Accounts Assistant Job Vacancy | Istanbul, Turkey
About Kuwait Airways
On the wave of the oil boom of the 1940s, a national carrier was born in 1954. Initially, Kuwait Airways Company served a limited network of Basra, Abadan, Beirut, Damascus and Jerusalem; however, a year later the fledgling carrier was facing economic hardship, and the government of Kuwait took a 50% interest in the airline, subsequently doubling the company’s capital. Having entered the rough and tumble world of aviation, the government finally took 100% share in Kuwait Airways.
Kuwait Airways entered the jet age in 1962 by leasing a Comet 4-C, the world’s first jet-engined airliner. In the 1960s, the national carrier rapidly expanded its route map, and scheduled services to London began three times a week. To keep pace with fast-moving aviation requirements, three Boeing 707s were delivered in 1968. Ten years later, Kuwait Airways had an all Boeing 707 fleet of eight aircraft.
In 1978, Kuwait Airways entered the wide-body age by taking delivery of its first two B747-200s, adding a third the following year. This expansion permitted Kuwait Airways to extend its network to New York to the west and Manila to the east.
Modernization of the fleet continued, and four B727-200s were delivered in 1980-1981. Two years later, eight Airbus A310s and A300-600s were delivered, and in 1986 three Boeing 767-200ER aircraft joined the wide-body fleet.
Following the destruction of its premises and 15 of its aircraft during the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, the airline was relaunched. Moreover, the company was restored after the Liberation of Kuwait, and a basic strategy was constituted to expand its operations around the world. After the Liberation of Kuwait until 1998, the Kuwaiti Airways fleet consisted of 17 aircraft.
Kuwait Airways is currently looking for an Accounts Assistant in Istanbul, Turkey. In this role your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Candidate should have basic level experience in Accounts Payables or Accounts receivable with entry level application of accounting software.
- Should be able to verify invoices with respect to contracts and arrange payment documents and corresponding entries in accounting software.
- Should be a team player and assist the Manager to achieve monthly closing deadlines.
- Job activities will include recording agent debtors and timely follow up with recovery of dues.
- Candidate may be required to deposit cheques to the bank and run errands.
- Able to correspond with vendors and suppliers.
- To undertake any other task assigned by the Head of IST Accounts.
- 2 years’ experience in Accounting.
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent Discipline.
To apply for this job please visit careers.kuwaitairways.com.