Account Manager Job Vacancy – Amman, Jordan
About the role
We are recruiting for an Account Manager based in Amman, Jordan. This role is responsible for delivering the revenue budget for the prescribed portfolio of accounts. Gain maximum value for the airline by negotiating Commercial Agreements between the two parties. Engages in joint sales and marketing activity to grow the level and quality of QR revenue sold through these partners and driving efficiencies in the distribution processes.
- Contributes to the formulation and implementation of QR sales strategy to maximize short- and long-term revenue opportunities, reduce cost of sale and generate channel shift.
- Introductions of PLB’s where appropriate.
- Reviews QR sales data with account portfolio to drive revenue and seek tactical opportunities.
- Submit monthly sales call plans and weekly sales reports and update the trade and corporate houses about QR’s products and services.
- Provide management with any market intelligence on the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities of QR, events and recommend desired changes, with proper justification.
- Responsible for acquiring sales leads and increasing awareness of QR product. Distribute timetables, giveaways and other QR marketing items.
- Increase visibility of QR by displaying QR marketing materials and ensuring maximum publicity through media coverage, in coordination with SM and H.O. Marketing Department.
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Plan selling activities for the assigned areas to ensure optimum revenues for QR.
- Lead discussions on PLBs with accounts
- Recommends pricing requests from Corporates/Trade and is responsible for individual budgets.
- Effectively manage accounts and key customers and effectively plan sales calls, submit sales call plans, and sales reports, as required. Update the trade and corporate houses about QR’s products and services
- Research and report other airline schedules/practices/ fares, events and other potential QR concerns and recommend corrective action.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Representing the organization at trade exhibitions, and events.
- Develops and maintain good relations with the Travel Trade, Government, embassies and Commercial Houses.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers via meetings, telephone calls and emails; visiting potential customers to prospect for new business.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
To be successful in this role you will need.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 2 years of job-related experience
- Professional experience in a multi-cultural environment with a rich mix of supply partners preferably in an Airline industry is essential.
- PC knowledge of Word/Power Point/Excel
- Experience of working in a pressurized environment which is target driven.
- Knowledge of GDS system, ticketing, and selling experience
About Qatar Airways Group:
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
Closing Date: 06-11-2022
To apply for this job please visit careers.qatarairways.com.