Approval Officer Job Vacancy in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Apply medical knowledge and best insurance practice while reviewing and verifying the Pre-Approval requests (OP/ IP) received from different departments to obtain authorizations as required by insurance companies dependent upon the plan coverage for all Insurance patients. Ensure that the details of the Pre-Authorization Requests are in line with the regulators’ standards especially the claim adjudication Rules and Business Rules.
- Handling the rejected pre-authorization and get required justification from the treating doctor to resend it to Insurance Company and obtain the approval. Prepares reports of daily activity as requested for management and assists management in month end reporting as requested.
- Evaluate the Pre-Approval requests from medical necessity for the requested service according to the medical data provided and accurately code the service description codes stated on the prior authorization requests, according to accepted medical coding rules, medical guidelines and policy’s schedule of benefits.
- Respond to Insurance/ TPA queries and liaise with concerned department without any delay.
- Responsible for receiving, evaluating and escalating second opinion cases and case management
- Perform night shift duty and on public holidays as per duty roster.
- Prepares reports of daily activity as requested for management and assists management in monthly reports as requested.
- Handle Auditing Process. Arrange required documents and papers and check with coders in order to assist the external Auditors
- Attend Meetings and Presentation
- Train Front office, Receptionist and Nurses and keep them updated about Insurance details.
- Prepare cost estimate for procedures for Cash Patient
- To adjust duties in case of any sudden/ emergency unplanned leaves by colleagues.
- Managing and handling pending cases (if any) to the next shift colleagues.
- Performs any other jobs or duties assigned by the HOD from time to time within the scope of job title.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Having Relevant experience
- Knowledge in Microsoft office
- Job Identification 2950
- Job Category Non Medical-Operations
- Apply Before 11/03/2023, 02:23 PM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Dubai, AE